Monday, December 15, 2008

Sarah the Christmas Elf


Sarah gives me a hard time every year about my not being fast enough or elaborate enough with my holiday decorations and cookie baking.  What can I say.  I'm a slacker mom.  I have good intentions and poor follow through.  

Last year I pulled out the tree (a fake one in our house) and the kids practically built it themselves.  THIS year Sarah did the whole thing all by herself.  All I did was pull the box out of the basement.  She read the directions.  She organized the branches.  She put the whole thing together.  She was fantastic.  She even decorated almost the whole thing by herself -- I helped her with the lights and with a few spots she couldn't reach on her own -- but she really did almost everything all alone.  She was a determined little lady and she did a great job.  


I'll keep you posted about the cookies................

No comments: