Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chef Nathaniel






While the girls were being crafty Nate was begging me to make banana bread.  I agreed.  I don't make it often, but when I do I always make it from scratch.  I didn't know there was any other choice.  This time, however, I happened to have a box of banana bread mix from Trader Joe's in the pantry.  Nate found the box in there and THIS is what he wanted to make.

Easy enough.  Combine the mix with some water, oil, and eggs.  Just like cake mix.  He had fun.  We did it.  I took pictures.  We baked it.  It smelled delicious.  

It was another story, however, when we opened the oven door!  Our beautiful bread CAVED IN!  

I have never had this happen before.  I have no idea how it happened.  It's not like I was baking some sort of fickle souffle!  It was basically a cake mix.  BUT ... we ate it anyway and it was actually very delicious!  We gobbled it up in no time at all!  Yum.

No comments: