If you read my blog at all you'll know that I am not really a cooking momma. I'm more of a crafting momma, I think. Sarah, especially, is sad about the lack of holiday cookie baking that takes place in our house. So, when my own momma told me about a super simple no-fail kids-can-do-it cookie recipe I hopped all over it!
My people had fun making these little treats (I don't believe they can actually be called 'cookies') and they were super yummy.
Here's the recipe:
Grammie's Easy Turtle Treats
- Square Pretzel Snaps
- Put the pretzels out on a baking sheet.
- Put a Rollo on top of each pretzel.
- Bake @ 225 for 5 minutes to melt the candy a little bit.
- Gently push a pecan onto the top of each melty Rollo/pretzel combo.
- Let cool completely before eating (if you can stand the wait).
Our version: Instead of a pecan, put another pretzel on top. The kids didn't like the nuts so we made them like little sandwiches and they were delicious!