Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Cookies








If you read my blog at all you'll know that I am not really a cooking momma.  I'm more of a crafting momma, I think.  Sarah, especially, is sad about the lack of holiday cookie baking that takes place in our house.  So, when my own momma told me about a super simple no-fail kids-can-do-it cookie recipe I hopped all over it!  

My people had fun making these little treats (I don't believe they can actually be called 'cookies') and they were super yummy.  

Here's the recipe:

Grammie's Easy Turtle Treats

  • Square Pretzel Snaps
  • Rollos
  • Pecans

  1. Put the pretzels out on a baking sheet.
  2. Put a Rollo on top of each pretzel.
  3. Bake @ 225 for 5 minutes to melt the candy a little bit.
  4. Gently push a pecan onto the top of each melty Rollo/pretzel combo.
  5. Let cool completely before eating (if you can stand the wait).

Our version: Instead of a pecan, put another pretzel on top.  The kids didn't like the nuts so we made them like little sandwiches and they were delicious!

No comments: