Friday, December 19, 2008

Abracadabra


Nate and Luca were playing the other day and they made an even bigger mess than usual.  They pulled out every single piece of dress up clothes from the bin, all of the superheroes, all of the Planet Heroes, and I'm not even sure what else.  

When it was time to clean up they started to get all skittish on me and tried to make a quick escape.  Instead, I basically told them that they could not pull out anything new and they could not leave until they put back what they had pulled out.  

It's a pretty easy job -- every thing has a labeled box and a spot on the shelf.  It's just a matter of putting it all back where it came from.

I walked out of the room and, a few minutes later, I heard them saying, "Abracadabra. Abracabeer. Make this mess disappear!"  Over and over.

When I peeked in at them, I saw them with our magic wands waving them around at the mess, chanting, and wishing that their spells would work.

No comments: