Friday, January 29, 2010

It's Culture Day! Hee Haw!


Here's the deal...

Paige sat down the other day and made a list of possible days (remember 'C Day'?). The list included a Crazy Hair Day and a Backwards Day and a Movie Day and an Outside Day and about fifteen more. One of the days was "Culture Day".

My people don't have school today or Monday -- it's a 4-day weekend. Sarah was supposed to have a play date but it got cancelled because of an unfortunate case of strep throat. So ... I declared today to be CULTURE DAY.

We bundled ourselves up, hopped in the car and took off for the Detroit Institute of Arts. Around here people just call it the DIA. On our way we stopped at Michael's and bought three little sketch books and some pencils. My artists were ready to go!


I took my camera but never took it out of the bag. Instead, I used my phone. I love having a camera in my phone (I should say that I love having a camera in a phone for which I know how to get the pictures off of the phone and onto my computer ... but that takes too long!). Granted, the pictures look like they were taken with a phone but, really, I kind of like the grainy look of them.


Click THIS LINK to see the rest of our pictures!

No comments: