Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh Me ... Oh My ... Oh, Sam Johnson!



Riley couldn't catch himself a REAL cat so he took out his frustration on poor poor Sam Johnson!!!!!!!!!! It was the worst day ever for my poor little lady.

We came home from school yesterday to find Sam on the floor with an eyeball and a nose missing! It was awful. Tragic. Very very sad. So ... today I took him to the Doll Hospital (we really do have one) to get an estimate on having him repaired.

Can you believe that they wanted to charge me FIFTY BUCKS to replace the eye and nose (using OUR eye and nose)?!?! OR ... even better ... they would clean him, re-stuff him, and fix his parts for a measly SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS!!!!

Sam only cost $12 to begin with.
I realize that we all love him very much and all, but, seriously.
I couldn't do it.

So, I went to Michael's craft store and bought some supplies. I fashioned him a little pirate-style eye patch out of foam and an elastic band and had him all set for when Paige got home from school.

She was actually pretty pleased with my handy work and now I think we may be able to avoid any additional surgeries (and the fees associated with).


No comments: