Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Poor Riley....Again



Riley has had a tough summer.
He had surgery to remove a tumor on his chest in July.
It took forever to heal and for the swelling to go down.
As soon as he was on the mend I noticed that he had a lump on his eyelid.

Did you know that there are doggie Optometrists?
I didn't.
I know it now. (And so do you.)

I took him to the eye doctor.
She said something to the tune of, "If we would have caught this sooner...." blah blah blah it would have been easy to take care of.

Instead, he needed MORE surgery.

My poor poor Riley!

Ri had to have a pie-shaped piece of his eyelid cut off.
Yikes!

They sewed the two sides of the leftover pie together and then made a small slice to the outside corner of his eye to create some more eyelid and now ... he's lump free.

Crazy.

Unfortunately, my poor poor Riley had to wear The Cone of Shame for over a week!

He hated it.

He was pathetic.  The green and yellow striped ribbon didn't help him feel any more manly.

To his (and our) great surprise, he bumped into a wall the other day and that cone cracked in half and fell off!  A week early!  Woo hoo, Ri!

I've never seen a look of sheer relief on a dog's face before.
I have now.

Then, today, Riley got his very first piece of mail.


TO: RILEY GORMAN..........

This is the front of the card.......

It made his day!
Thanks, Grammie and Poppy!

No comments: