Saturday, September 18, 2010

Moon Pies

Ever eaten a Moon Pie?

When we were on vacation, "The Restaurant" served a mini Moon Pie with each kids meal.

My kids loved them.  They were marshmallow and cookies dipped in chocolate and they were a hit.

The other day I saw Moon Pies at the grocery store.   I don't remember ever seeing them before.  I'm sure they were there but that's not the kind of thing I usually buy.  However, now that my people have a passion for Moon Pies I had to buy them.

A bonus was that there were four different flavors!  We'd only ever had chocolate and peanut butter.

I bought one each of chocolate, vanilla, orange, and banana.  Doesn't sound very tasty to me ... but my people were THIRLLED.  Really.

When they got home from school I surprised them with the new treat.  I cut each little Moon Pie into quarters and arranged them on my new cupcake stand (like it??) and let everyone take a variety of flavors.

Didn't think to take a 'before' picture.  Sorry.

Paige re-assembled hers.  Of course.  What else would you expect her to do.

No comments: