Friday, August 7, 2009

Wishes Are For Coming True


On Wednesday, I found an eyelash on Nate's cheek.  I put it on my finger and told him to make a wish.  I said, "Blow it away and you'll have good luck."  He said, "I wish to play the Wii", blew the eyelash away, and walked away.

Fifteen minutes later, while I was working on some pictures, he came back and our conversation went something like this:

Nate:  "How's it coming along?"  
Me:  "My pictures?  Slowly." 
Nate:  "No.  My wish!  How is my wish coming along?"

He was so cute and sincere ... but I didn't want to let him play the Wii.  I asked him what makes him think his wish will come.  He looked at me and said, "Because that's what wishes are for.  Wishes are for coming true."  

How can you resist that logic??  How could I want to be the mommy that tells him that HIS wish is not coming true?

Nate got his wish.  Lucky Nate.

No comments: