Monday, February 16, 2009

Where's My Lunch?


Do you occasionally skip meals?  I do it all the time.  On the weekend, we'll have breakfast and then get so busy that the whole day goes by and, suddenly, it's dinner time.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm positive that there are plenty of snacks in the middle for the kids (and adults), but no formal sit-down meal.

My kids can't handle this.  It disrupts the order of their day.  They don't at all seem to mind skipping the meal at the time of the skipping, but when I announce that it's time for the next meal they all freak out, "What about lunch?  I didn't even eat lunch!" or "Breakfast!  I didn't eat breakfast!"  It brings them to a halt.  They can't seem to get over it and then they demand the skipped meal -- even if I am in the process of handing them the current meal.  It's crazy to me.

Yesterday, Paige missed breakfast.  We went through our day without incident.  At dinnertime, however, she figured out that she missed breakfast (ten hours earlier!) and couldn't quite settle in to eat her dinner.

I ended up feeding them breakfast for dinner just to keep the peace.

Crazy kids.

No comments: