Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We Went to Ohio

I took the kids to Ohio to visit our Gorman family last week.  We haven't been back in a really long time.  My people had a few days off from school and we decided to spend our break with our cousins.  

We stayed at Dan and Misty's house and had a three-day sleepover.  

We didn't tell Misty's kids that we were coming, so they were really surprised to see us standing at the bus stop.  My people loved the idea of being someone's surprise and spent the entire drive asking me how long until we would be there and checking my estimates against the clock.  We had to get there before 4:00!  Run, Mom, run!  Drive faster!

While we were there we played like crazy people, went to the science center, and had a small party so that we could see the rest of the Gorman Clan.  We were sad to leave.  Everyone was sad -- we even extended our visit by a few hours to try and make some people happy again before we left.

Sarah had to be home by 5:00 on Friday for a birthday party and we made it ... just in time.  I didn't even drive home first!  I took her straight to the party before we picked up Riley and before we went to our house.  It was paper-thin timing ... just the way we like it!

Here are a few of our pictures from the trip.  If you want to see more, just click this link.



No comments: