Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gardening Girls

I am not a gardener.  I like the idea, I suppose, but I don't typically bother to water anything.  We all know what happens to a garden when it is deprived of precious water, right?  

So, even knowing all about my black thumb, Sarah wanted to grow a garden.  I told her that I'd help her build it but then it was all hers.  I didn't want to be involved in the upkeep at all.  She was satisfied with my terms and we went to the nursery.

We put our plants in containers -- mostly because it was easier and I didn't have to actually dig any holes.  Sarah chose tomatoes, green beans, green peppers, hot peppers, cauliflower, cucumbers, eggplant, lettuce, and strawberries and we made quite a nice garden.  

I'm happy to report that, two weeks later, my girl is still garden-sitting like a pro.  She's taking very good care of her garden and her strawberries and hot peppers are growing faster than the rest.



No comments: