Paige went online last night and printed a recipe for Applesauce Muffins.
She can't really read so well so I don't know how she decided on this recipe, but she was very proud of her find.
It came from a Holly Hobby website. How could I resist?
Here's the recipe:
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until just blended.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
6. Eat ... and share with your friends.
We liked them. Here's the photo evidence..................