Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

My people pride themselves on picking out the biggest pumpkins in the patch every year.

This year we had a beautiful day for pumpkin hunting and we spent lots of time wandering around the field.

In the end, our three pumpkins were all between 30 and 40 lbs.

However, the pumpkin farmer also had a fine selection of GIANT pumpkins and my people could not stop talking about them.  They were fascinated.  They wanted one.  They REALLY wanted one.

I waited until we were at the register and I knew the total for the three pumpkins before I finally said "go pick your pumpkin" and the kids ran and yelped and skipped and deliberated and, finally, picked the pumpkin of their dreams.  They didn't care one lick about the beauty of their pumpkin.  They were all about SIZE.

It was awesome.

I had to roll down the two middle seats to fit everything in the car.

It took two people to lift the big pumpkin into the car.

It took another two to get it out.

All that effort made THREE kids really happy!

PS.  Our Great Pumpkin weighs 143 lbs.  I asked the farmer if that was one of the larger ones and he said that they were mostly between 110 and 150 ... so my people did a darn good job!














More Pumpkin Pics HERE!!

No comments: