Monday, March 2, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

Paige didn't want to go to sleep last night.  She stood at the top of the stairs screaming about how she didn't want to sleep in her own room and how she wanted to sleep with me.  I tried to tell her that I was not coming to bed yet and that, when I went to bed, I'd be happy to visit her.  It didn't work and she continued screaming -- and probably waking up Sarah and Nate.  

I was sick of it and I finally told her that I didn't care where she waited, but that I was not going to bed for a while.  I told her that she was welcome to wait on the steps or in her room but that she was not allowed to scream any more.  I said "Make a choice.  Your room or the hall.  I don't care.  Just STOP SCREAMING!"  

After my not-so-calm threat, she settled down and I didn't hear her anymore.  

Three or four hours later I went upstairs to go to bed and this is what I found!  I guess she took me seriously.  I ended up scooping her up and carrying her to my room.  


She got her way in the end.


No comments: